Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Update

What a week this has been!

This week is the week that Swine.Flu (H1N1) came to the United States. We actually have a confirmed case right down the street. Fun times, fun times. Of course, complete pandemonium has ensued and people are FREAKING OUT. From what I understand there is no vaccine for this. I ALSO understand that what we have been seeing is more MILD than the normal influenza A, which at any given times thousands of people have it in the US and no one cares. UGH.

On the exercise front, I've been a miserable failure. Monday I did my normal exercising. I was pretty happy about that. Tuesday I went for a walk and ended up with a huge painful blister on my heel which has turned disgusting. Of course, it was my own fault. I have these CUTE shoes I wear out and about and I decided that there was no need to get my tennis shoes on for freaking WALKING, so these should be fine. WRONG. Wednesday I did no exercising because I was cleaning. I literally spent an hour scrubbing the grout in my shower. Friday was no preschool thank you to the Swine Flu pandemic and I cleaned as well. Plus I was grumpy.

SO... how have I done with food? Technically, I am doing fine. I have used ALL of my flex points already (more on that later). Of course, in using those flex points I was shoveling everything in my mouth. Good times, good times. We decided to go out to dinner on Wednesday. I won't name the place we went, but it is a well known burger joint. I was in a good place and decided to be righteous and order the grilled chicken. I sat there in my WW glow feeling superior to the poor saps around me gorging themselves on burger and fries. I even had a salad on the side. Seriously, if it had rained I could have walked on top of the water puddles to my mom-vehicle to come home. I came home feeling all good about myself, went to the restaurants website and checked out the nutrition information to track the points. I was shocked, awed and disgusted in what I saw. Apparently they rub the chicken in freaking lard before cooking it. I counted the points and pouted and then ate teddy grahams (because that is all I have to indulge in). LOTS of points. Anyone with higher than a 2nd grade education would tell me that I should have checked out the nutritional information ahead of time. I would have if I had more than 2 minutes to get myself and my kids out the door.

BUT, even with the lard encrusted chicken and teddy grahams (which I have eaten nearly the whole box) I counted the points and used most of my flex points in one evening. So technically I am doing WW how it was intended when I originally bought the stuff. But I feel cheated in that I like to enjoy my flex points and wish I didn't use them all on freaking chicken!

I did have a sneak peek on the scale and it doesn't look like I have completely screwed myself up yet. We'll see what comes on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment